Here is an easy recipe to kick Cholesterol and stay healthy. Del Monte bachelor pasta salad.
Though this cooking exercise is to star in the Blog your way to Italy contest, I chose to make it a simple recipe that you can make at home without straining yourself. So here we go.
- Del Monte Pasta pack: 1 (We are using 1/4th of the pack to serve two)
- Sweet corn: 50 grams
- Zucchini: 50 grams (cut to size)
- Carrot: 25 grams (cut to small cubes)
- Sprouts: 25 grams (of your choice)
- Lettuce: 1 leaf
- Cheese: Mozzarella
- Add any other peas, nuts, fresh cut vegetables like tomatoes, as ingredients.
Steps for the recipe:
- Blanch and lightly boil the pasta to gain tenderness for about 8-10 minutes
- Cut carrot, zucchini to small cubes
- You may add any fruits or nuts if you have at home
- Once the pasta is boiled, strain off excess water and plate it
- Add the carrot and any other nuts or sprouts to taste here. We add them first to help the heat of the pasta helps them soften
- Add the sprouts, lettuce and herbs if you have any
- Add salt to taste and pepper to taste and toss the salad
- Add scrapes of Mozzarella cheese on top
- Add Del Monte chilli sauce and tomato sauce to
And serve hot with a fruit juice if possible.
As you can see this is probably the easiest pasta recipe and can be made easily in 15 minutes. As we have a lot of fresh vegetables, nuts and fruits in the recipe you are bound to enjoy a variety of flavours which would keep you interested and munching towards better health.
So go ahead and make your own recipe and add what your favorite flavours are to make it the salad of the day.