Koyal Chengappa made this happen! Sorry for the delay in posting this up Koyal.
When I first saw the book and its cover, I was expecting a fun ride with a lot of gyan on how to start a company and why you need to be different in doing things to succeed. But let me tell you that I was surprised the way it was written. How I braved Anu aunty and co-founded a million dollar company is a wonderful read with very less gyan and more practical look at how a brilliant idea can be translated into a reality.
Every corner in your life you encounter naysayers, people who belittle your ideas, beliefs and your passion and try to make you fall in line with others. Varun takes us on a journey on how you can still be successful when you follow your heart and have a good sound idea. The book traces few points that make it a master piece.
- Language: Written in a matter of fact style of reporting and being blunt and straight about what he feels about everything he has encountered in the process, Varun keeps the reality closer and cleaner. Here is a book for the new generation of readers and authors who matches their age group and hence the easy connect.
- Life: Taking life as it comes and living life on facebook is very realistically put and with snippets and with info related to actualities make it a worthy read. Being a Bangalorean has its own advantages and this book finds out how you don't need a classy MBA to figure out life's secrets and lessons.
- Friends & family: It is very important to have a good support system which primarily consists of your family and friends and the people you choose to surround yourself with. The decisions you take are mostly influenced by these people and they love you whatsoever. So build this network up before you look for something else.
- Networking: If there is one thing you can learn from facebook is that it is important to have a good network and keep at it all the time. It is your network that makes you stronger, the power of your ideas and decisions multiply themselves with the no. of people in your network. Every business needs one strong network and Varun tells us how he would go on to build a strong network with the technology and a little passion.
- Fun: Doing what you love is fun and this book tells you how to do it. Chase your dreams and do what you love. Simple solution to love.
Varun's book is a must read, especially if you are stuck doing what is not fun. It is more important if you are in the process of building your strengths to reality. Keep writing Varun. The journey has just begun and we really like to see how this goes forward.
You can buy it here from flipkart!