Do what you love is what most of us believe in and try to do but not everyone has the opportunity to do what they love for a living. There is a very high probability that you might be stuck in a job or profile doing what you may not be necessarily liking or in some cases hating what you do. In such situations your performance and happiness levels are at the southern most point. How can you change it and push your ratings north? Here are some tips.
- Appreciate what you have for a job and understand its importance in your financial, family, social status. Be thankful for what you have.
- Be the best you can be. Do not give a half hearted attempt at what you are doing but give your full attention to the work. Spend time to learn how to do it better, seek advice from seniors, learn the art of perfecting it over time and see how much fun you can have at the same boring stuff. You never know.
- Remember the work you do, regardless of where you are working involves a product or service that would go out and eventually effect the people at some point. Remember that your contribution is very important for them to be able to use this product/service. Try and add more value to that.
- Make a good team of people friends at work who wouldn't bother about complaining but contribute positively to your psyche.
- Get involved in a cause or support one from your savings. Doesn't matter how small, it would go a long way in bringing in manifold happiness.
- Aspire to do better, learn how to climb up the ladder at work by being efficient, learning the art and managerial skills.
- Have a personal cave for relaxation - like running, walking, gardening, spending time reading, with children, pets and what not. Have your cave.
Loving what you do is an art you got to learn quick so you can make your days brighter and better. Once you love what you do, nothing else matters.